The Studio For Dance has competed at regional and national competitions around the country for the past twenty-five years, returning to Cincinnati with six foot trophies. These trophies are exciting, but they are not what have made The Studio a proud home for hundreds of dancers each year. Rather, the class and performance work, camaraderie, supportive staff, and family atmosphere have led many of The Studio’s alumni into university dance programs and professional, working dance careers. In addition to the many professional dancers graduating from The Studio, four students have won the Cincinnati Arts Association prestigious Overture Award Scholarships for dance! However, even those who do not wish to pursue a professional career in dance, graduate from The Studio with grace, coordination, confidence and an appreciation for dance and the performing arts in general. The Studio For Dance is excited to continue with the standard of excellence that has been a part of this family for over twenty-eight years.
We will continue to:
- be involved in the community with local performances such as at nursing homes, schools, and local festivals. These enjoyable performances are not only opportunities for community service, but also provide the dancers with an appreciation for the art of performing.
- provide an environment for pre-professional, recreational, adult, beginner, intermediate, and advance dancer.
- provide performance opportunities to dancers of all ages and all levels.
- allow the individual artistic development of each student by providing a safe and supportive learning environment.
- provide personalized instruction.
- have exciting, energetic instructors. All teachers are college educated, with many receiving their degrees at Cincinnati Conservatory of Music.
- work with internationally-known orchestras that have led to performances both in and out of the country, as well as on national and local television. Over the past twenty-five years, we have performed with The Windsor Symphony Orchestra in Canada, The Cincinnati Symphony, and The Cincinnati Pops Orchestra at Riverbend, Music Hall, and Carnegie Hall in New York City as well as on The Today Show.
- create a family-like supportive atmosphere where alumni enthusiastically maintain relationships with The Studio well into their professional careers.
- instill a life-lasting appreciation for the performing arts. The Studio will do so by offering certified Pilates training, ballet, tap, jazz, clogging, lyrical, hip hop, musical theatre both at the recreational and competitive levels.